[rules-users] Agenda Filters usage

Chris Richmond crichmond at referentia.com
Fri Sep 25 14:41:44 EDT 2009

Would agenda filters be a good usage in this scenario.

I have a set of objects I want to evaluate in stages, and so I only want
certain rules to fire at certain stages.  So the idea would be to have the
main application do some work on those objects then updte and fire rules on
them for stage 1(Agenda Filter 1) where the rule enine would set some bits
based on the objects based on other fields.then the outside appliction would
process some more and then update the objects and fire ther rules for stage
2(Agenda Filter 2) and so on for many stages.  This would make it easier to
write rules that only evaluate on the obects at certain stages and would
make it easier to write rules that don't' conflict with each other(i.e. a
rule I only want to evaluate stage 2 objects evaluating stage 1 objects).

IF this *is* a reasonable usage scenario, is there a sample in the
documentation of Firing rules on an agenda filter.  I found reference to
writing a rule file that puts rules in certain agendas, but not actually
firing those rules from the client.

Thanks,

Chris