[rules-users] Event streams

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 16:29:42 EDT 2009

Yes to both.  However to the first part (rules firing "automatically") you need to use fireUntilHalt() instead of fireAllRules().  fireUntilHalt blocks (until halt is called) so you need to invoke it in a separate Thread.  Then from another thread you can insert events into the entry points.  For the second item (long lived event) you must use an @expires tag in your object declaration and be running in STREAM mode.