[rules-users] Drools version(s) commercially supported by JBoss

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:48:10 EDT 2010

   Hi Ed,

   I am curious why would you not want to talk to them? :)

   They can provide you the official information on versions and platforms
that Red Hat supports. Informally, I can tell you that they support both
Drools 4.0.x version and Drools 5.0.x. The "x" is because the versions don't
match exactly the ones released in the community site, since they go extra
miles on the QA and QE steps, as well as they add the platform integration.
In other words, their binaries are a bit different from the ones in the
community site, although the core functionality is the same. Drools is
supported as part of 2 platforms:

http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/brms/
http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/soa/

   Drools 5.1 is still in development, so can't tell you when that will be
supported.

   Regarding Mauricio's comments on Flow and Fusion, again, the best is to
talk to Red Hat. Informally I can tell you that Drools Fusion is supported
in a Tech Preview program and Drools Flow is supported on all but the BPM
features.

    Edson

2010/4/1 Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>

> The commercially supported version of Drools is 5.0, but without Drools
> Flow and without Drools Fusion.
> In other words, Drools Expert and Guvnor.
> I don't know when in the future they will support the same features as the
> community version.
> Greetings
>

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Ed Staub <estaub at telcordia.com> wrote:
>

>> Is the latest version of Drools commercially supported by JBoss 4.0.7?
>>
>> Can you guess when they/you will support 5.0?
>>
>> 5.1?
>>
>> (Please don't make me call them - that's the only sales contact mode they
>> offer from the website!)
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>> -Ed Staub
>> --