[rules-users] Problem With DEFAULT_REFS Table Taking Up A Very Large Amount of Space

S. McKee scmckee at i-zoom.net
Sat Apr 3 01:40:16 EDT 2010

Hello,

I previously asked a question about programmatically creating rules and
then uploading them to Guvnor (
http://n3.nabble.com/Question-About-Programmatically-Creating-Drools-Rules-Remotely-td452619.html
). I decided to go ahead with the idea proposed by david_nabble and
upload the rules I created to Guvnor via webdav using sardine.
Unfortunately I have run into a problem where the DEFAULT_REFS table in
the database I am using has become incredibly large; over 27 gigabytes.
Not only that, but the DEFAULT_REFS table consists of only 4 rows of
LOBs. This size was hit after uploading approximately 30 000 - 40 000
rules. If I examine the .brl, each rule is only about 1.1 kilobytes in
size each, so I have only uploaded about 32-42 MB of rules.

Does anyone know what is going on here and/or what direction I could go
in solving this issue?

Thank You,

Scott McKee