[rules-users] Guvnor: Decision Table: DateFormat Problem

alim audrey.lim at it-vision.com
Tue Apr 6 04:10:06 EDT 2010

Hey everyone!

I'm using Guvnor and a Decision Table (Spreadsheet) as the rule provider.
I have a column/condition within the decision table that is a method which
takes a date as parameter. My date format in the spreadsheet is dd.mm.yyyy
(e.g. 31.12.2008). Now, once having uploaded the file and viewing the source
(as .drl), the date format is no longer dd.mm.yyyy, but dd/mm/yyyy, which
then leads to a wrong validation within the application.

I know there is this preferences.properties File which can be found under
<path to jboss>\server\default\deploy\drools-guvnor.war\WEB-INF\classes. I
adjusted that with drools.dateformat=dd.MM.yyyy, but it won't have any
effect?!

Is there a possibility to keep the date format as it was in the spreadsheet,
i.e. dd.mm.yyyy? Couldn't find a way to define that anywhere within Guvnor.

Thanks a lot!