[rules-users] Flow with Rules (RuleFlowGroup): how to share parameters/facts

Nol de Wit noldewit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:32:55 EDT 2010

(using Flow and Rules 5.0)

In a small pilot we are considering to replace part of the work in
some of the subprocesses with rules. I can't seem to figure out how to
transport the parameters within the flow to the data the rules should
act upon.

In the Flow-only model, parameters are added as a parametermap at the
point the flow is started using:

  parameterMap.put("report", report);
  ksession.startProcess("myModule", parameterMap);

A 'standalone' rule model is given its data by feeding it some 'facts' using:
  ksession.insert(report);
  ksession.fireAllRules();
(..right? Haven't done to much of that, but I believe that is the way
it is done)

So if I combine Flows and Rules (using RuleFlowGroup), how do I make
sure the rules are given the correct data? My data (report) first
needs to go through a couple of flow actions, next through an XOR, of
which each output is connectedand then after each XOR output contraint

Currently I still use the first option, but the rules don't get fired
(the flow is started, and runs untill the RuleFlowGroup....). If I add
a ksession.fireAllRules() I see no difference.

Thanks,
Nol