[rules-users] Drools Flow: Skipping some LHS evaluations at time of insert

madchen k.cheung at accenture.com
Wed Apr 7 17:06:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

According to my understanding of Drools Flow, when you insert an object into
drools, it tries to match it against all the existing rules and every rule,
for which the 'When' clause conditions are met, becomes activated.

I was wondering if it was possible, that when an object is inserted into
drools, drools stops trying to match that object against the rules once the
first rule is activated. Or in other words, drools would go through the list
of rules comparing the object with the 'When' clause conditions and then
when it finds a rule that matches, it stops going through the rest of the
rules for that object.

Thanks!
Kevin