[rules-users] Drools vs OPSJ

Bertrand Grottier b_grottier at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 03:08:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

At the present time, I am evaluating Drools vs OPSJ.

Before I started, I had a look at the following tests: http://blogs.illation.com.au/2009/09/waltz-benchmark-performance-opsj-vs-drools/. Based on these tests, I was expecting better performances from OPSJ over Drools regarding the rule firing time.
However, I obtained opposite results on a basic test. It consists in a sort of "join clause": I have a few products and many potentiel prices (10^4) in the knowledge session. The aim is to "match" the appropriate prices to each products.

My question are the followings:
- Does someone obtained similar results ?
- Are there situations where Drools outperforms OPSJ ? (apparently yes).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Benoît