[rules-users] change-set (with BRMS/network not available)

alim audrey.lim at it-vision.com
Fri Apr 9 09:44:13 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a rather simple question, however I couldn't find any
answers/examples on the web.

Drools 4 allowed you to set the property "localCacheDir" to make sure that
the runtime can startup and load packages even if the BRMS/network is not
available.

How can I define such a local cache with Drools 5?
My approach: I downloaded the package and stored it as
<some_path>/myPackage.pkg. My change-set.xml looks as follows:

<change-set xmlns='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set'
        xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
        xs:schemaLocation='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set
drools-change-set-5.0.xsd' >
        <add>
       <resource
source='http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/myPackage/LATEST'
type='PKG' />
	  <resource source='file:<some_path>/myPackage.pkg' type='PKG' />
        </add>
</change-set>

But with the BRMS not running, I always get an exception. So I guess this is
the wrong approach having both resources in the change-set.xml?

How can I make Drools ignore the http source (in case of the BRMS not being
available) and take the local file resource instead?

Thank you in advance!