[rules-users] DROOLS FLOW: Accessing the Map parameter object in a Java constraint evaluation function

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Mon Apr 12 12:25:11 EDT 2010

If you add a map when starting a process, those values will be set as
process variables.  For example:
[ a : "SomeString"; b : 3 ].

Simplest way to access these variables in a constraint is using a code
constraint, something like:
return "SomeOtherString".equals(a);
or
return b > 2;

So you can just use process variables in your code constraints as if they
were local variables.  You just have to make sure you define them as process
variables (click on the background of your flow and edit the variables
property to do this).

Kris