[rules-users] Resuming a simple process involving human task

Touma database666 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:12:27 EDT 2010

Hi all,

For the past few weeks I've been trying to get a simple drools flow example
involving human tasks up and running. I've done quite a bit to the point
that my session, process, task and workitems are being persisted in the
database. Here is what my flow looks like:

Start -> Ruleflow -> Decision node -> Human Task -> Printing Node -> End

The work item handler for the Human task simply performs the task of
persisting the Task instance. After reaching the Human Task, the flow stops
and the state is persisted. But how would I go about restarting/resuming the
flow so that the 'Printing node' is reached? I've tried using the
loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(sessionId) to load the session but querying the
list of all the processes for the given session returns an empty list. Ditto
with the list of all the process events. I have all the ID's with me
(workitem, process, task, session) but am pretty confused as to how these
can be put to use to resume my suspended workflow.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. TIA.

Peace,
/T\