[rules-users] DRools with FLEX LCDS

Hafeez Ur Rehman hafeez.rehman at cprods.com
Wed Apr 14 08:30:30 EDT 2010

Hello,
        I am trying out DRools and I want to integrate it with Flex LCDS. I
have two projects

   1. Flex Prj has
      - FLEX / Flash Builder 4
      - LCDS
      - POSTGRESQL 8.4 ( MYSQL DB )

   2. DRools Prj has
      - DRools
      - HIBERNATE 3.2.6
      - POSTGRESQL 8.4 ( MYSQL DB )

I know how to place compiled java classes in
LCDS\tomcat\webapps\lcds\WEB-INF\classes and call a method as remote method
from Flex Prj's *.MXML file

Now considering DRools project to be actually a java application. I am
trying to compile and place the the bin folder in
LCDS\tomcat\webapps\lcds\WEB-INF\classes.

*Issue (step-by-step):*

   1. Drools Prj was compiled in JRE6 it was creating an issue of with Flash
   Builder 4 ===(Resulted in)===> Bad version number in .class file (unable to
   load class eu.kijanowski.drools.hibernate.DroolsHibernateTest)
   2. I changed the DRools JRE to JDK 1.5 ===(Resulted in)===> Now it gives
   the error of "wrong name"
   3. Now I placed of the bin (removed bin) in
   LCDS\tomcat\webapps\lcds\WEB-INF\classes. ===(Resulted in an error alert
   message)===> org/drools/WorkingMemory

I want to use DRools with LCDS. If there is a tutorial please direct me to
that. My scenario might need both of the projects to be sent. which I can,
please note.

My complete required tech stack is

   - FLEX Unit
   - Flex Libs + DEGRAFA + CATALYST