[rules-users] Facts, context, rules and queries

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 02:26:47 EDT 2010

For the simple example you have provided, both forward and backward
reasoning
work equally well. Distinction sets in if there are more reaoning steps
invilved.

I do not quite understand why you need to have two fact databases.

There is no reason I know of to prevent you from implementing an
expert system for anything, entirely in either Drools or Jess or any other
production rule system; and using Prolog would also be an option.

The choice might be influenced by the data model you need. If your
data is best represented as (Java) Objects, then Drools is in favour.
OTOH, some ontology representations might be handled better with
logic programming.

-W