[rules-users] Drools Planner - How often are the Move Factory classes called?

Samuel Deballon sdeballon at csc.com
Fri Apr 16 05:47:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

If your class extends CachedMoveFactory, the drools planner will call your
move factory only once at start.

But if it extends AbstractMoveFactory, the drools planner will be call at
each step

Samuel

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake
in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to
for such purpose • CSC Computer Sciences SAS • Registered Office: Immeuble
Le Balzac, 10 Place des Vosges, 92072 Paris La Défense Cedex, France •
Registered in France: RCS Nanterre B 315 268 664

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"awuttke [via Drools - Java Rules Engine]" <ml-node+723534-485842754-91648 at n3.nabble.com>                                                         |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Samuel Deballon/FRA/CSC at CSC                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |16/04/2010 11:22                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Drools Planner - How often are the Move Factory classes called?                                                                                   |

I've been working with the Drools Planner for some time now and found that
the Move Factory Classes seem to be called only once just before the first
solver iteration. Each iteration seems to get it's moves from this initial
'move pool' generated by the move factories.

However, in the documentation it is mentioned that the move factory would
be called for each iteration and would therefore allow me to modify the
move generation algorithm for each iteration.

So what is true for the current version of the planner 5.1.0? Can I
configure different ways of using the move factories during the solution
process?

I'm using a standard tabu search configuration, based on the lesson
schedule example.

Thank you,
Andreas Wuttke

View message @
http://n3.nabble.com/Drools-Planner-How-often-are-the-Move-Factory-classes-called-tp723534p723534.html

To start a new topic under Drools - User, email ml-node
+47000-1429425662-91648 at n3.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Drools - User, click here.