[rules-users] Multithreading work items

Pedro Maria Buitrago Mantilla pmbtgun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:47:03 EDT 2010

The idea is to run multiple independent sub flows. Each of the sub flows
requires approximately 2 minutes to complete, so parallel processing is
required. Once all the sub flows have completed their tasks is necessary to
collect all the results and process them. This implies that the workflow
should not end until it collects all information submitted by the sub flows.

For now, I think to create, with JMS, a queue in jboss receive the name of
each sub flow, create your own KnowledgeBase run each subflow as a separate
workflow and delivers the results. Finally, some components will take all
the results (from a database of another jms queue and process and again
another component start another workflow to process all results.

PEDRO BUITRAGO
Bogotá, Colombia