[rules-users] Rules Not executing

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:39:28 EDT 2010

Not knowing the XML schema or the generated Java classes I can only outline
the general principle.

if Request contains elist List<Enrollments>,  write a rule that matches the
Request object and inserts:

rule "extractFromRequest"
when
   r : Request()
then
   for( Enrollments e: r.getElist() ){
      insert( e );
   }
end

If there is only one enrollment Enrollments within each request, it's just
   insert r.getEnrollments()

If you can conveniently write your rules against Enrollments objects, that's
it. Otherwise, you might do the same, over again, at the Enrollments level.

(It'll become a problem if children of some element ought to be related to
each other but this is only provided by them being children of the same
parent. In this case, you won't be able to use the JAXB generated classes as
WME classes.)

-W