[rules-users] template 101

Stefan Marconi stefan.marconi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:28:38 EDT 2010

Hi Felipe,

thank you for bearing with me.

actually I put an eval() there just to have something as simple as
possible(but couldn't be sure it it worked).

I actually found a hello world example which works fine without being
template and which I will now try to transform it into template form. I
suspect I'm not passing parameter correctly, somehow.

I will unfortunately be away for the next 10 days, so will revert only later
and hopefully on a better example than my original.

Thanks. Stefan

2010/4/27 Felipe Piccolini <felipe.piccolini at gmail.com>

> Im not sure if you can find a complete standalone example for this, but I
> think your problem now is with eval().
>
> Can you copy your stackTrace here?
>
> I think you can not do eval( literal == literal),
> but you could make a function to test that if you wanna use eval and give
> the function the value of @{symbol}
>

> 2010/4/27 Stefan Marconi <stefan.marconi at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Felipe,
>>
>> thank you for your reply. I have now added the extra quotes but to no
>> avail. I still get the same errors.
>>
>> Is there somewhere a stand-alone example with the compile instructions to
>> check that everything works? I have the impression that I'm having troubles
>> with the whole eclipse config and plugin.
>>
>> Thanks! Stefan
>>

>> 2010/4/26 Felipe Piccolini <felipe.piccolini at gmail.com>
>>
>> Using template you will see that the @{} is replaced "just as is" from the
>>> data (for example from a spreadsheet), so
>>> if you have a value in the example will be replaced as text in the rule
>>> and you will have something like this:
>>>
>>> if @{symbol} == "THE_SYMBOL"
>>>
>>> ==>
>>>
>>> rule "A stand alone rule THE_SYMBOL"
>>> dialect "mvel"
>>> when
>>>  eval(THE_SYMBOL == "AAA")
>>> then
>>> System.out.println("this symbol is" + THE_SYMBOL)

>>> System.out.println("this symbol is" + "@{symbol}")