[rules-users] How to aggregate decisions of multiple rules?? (In Guvnor)

bbarani bbarani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 01:34:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have multiple rules defined in Guvnor and we fire all the rules at a
time. There is a decision object set for each rule and I am trying to figure
out a way to aggregate the result using the prirority of the decision object
(kind of logical AND / OR)

For Ex: The priority of the decision would be set as below

Priority3	       Priority2	            Priority1	  Exception on any rule
Granted	  Action not Supported	Denied	        Deferred

After the rules are fired (I am considering 4 rules here) the final decision
should be as follows

Sample Rule result:

Rule	Rule1	Rule2	Rule3	                             Rule4
FinalDecison
Decisions	Granted	Granted	Granted	                           Deferred
Deferred
	Granted	Granted	Action Not Supported	  Granted	                Action Not
Supported
	Granted	Granted	Denied	                           Granted
Denied
	Granted	Granted	Granted	                            Granted
Granted

Is there a way to acheive this using rule flow group / any other simple way?

Thanks,
Barani