[rules-users] Is nested loops possible ?

Dinesh kumar dinp87 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:58:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am having a problem in iterating a list inside a list.

I am having the following business scenario.

Public Class CustomerOrder {

	private String customerName;

	private ArrayList<Order> orderList;

}

Public Class Order {

	private String orderId;

	private String orderTime;

	private ArrayList<OrderItem> orderList;

}

Public Class OrderItem {

	private String itemName;

        private Double itemAmount;

}

I need to find the total order amount for each order and the sum of all
order.
My rule is like individual orders should not exceed a 10000 and total order
amount of all customers should not exceed 100000.

For this, I need to iterate ArrayList<Order> orderList and during each
iteration , I need to iterate ArrayList<OrderItem> orderList. Is this
possible in Drools ?

I tried something like this. But it doesn't seem to be working.
when

ClaimRegistration($orderList: orderList)

Number( $count : intValue > 0)
	from accumulate(Order(orderId== "order1"
	&&
     Number( doubleValue > 10000 )
     from accumulate( OrderItem( $value : itemAmount),
     init( double total = 0; ),
     action( total += $value; ),
     reverse( total -= $value; ),
     result( total ) )

        ) from $orderList,count(1))

then

Sysout(",,,,,");

It would be of great help if any one can give suggestions to solve this.

Is nested loops possible in Drools ?

Regards,
Dinesh