[rules-users] How to work with org.drools.repository

wilsonywx wei.yuan at baml.com
Mon Aug 9 08:34:16 EDT 2010

Because I only needed a small subset of the Drools functionality (i.e. just
plain rules without salience) I just made up a simple xml schema to store
the rule. I've posted some other related questions about the .brl format
(which is the xml format Guvnor uses to store rules) but haven't gotten many
useful replies. I think if you project is not overly complex it's probably
better off just making up your own storage scheme than trying to reverse
engineer the classes in Drools (fyi they use XStream to serialize and
deserialize their classes into xml). Hope that helps.