[rules-users] Drools Pattern to Eat Real Exceptions

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:56:06 EDT 2010

I think that the mixture of dynamic class creation and compilation for RHS
(nested and recursive code for pattern matching) and nested node execution
inside business processes complicate the exception propagation drastically.
Also it's important to note that the knowledge layer was added on top of the
rule engine in order to do an abstraction.
But you are right, sometimes it gets really complicated to find out what
it's happening.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just curious to learn a little more about Drools evolution history to
> understand why would Drools eat so many Exceptions the root cause of which
> is impossible to even guess, without stepping into the Drools source
> code...
> That happens in many Drools components, so my curiosity just wanted to be
> fed on how this "pattern" came to be.
>
> Any old school Droolers can contemplate?
>
> /Anatoly

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -