[rules-users] Retrieve values from a Map

Manav manav7574 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 00:09:14 EDT 2010

I am new to drools and currently using version 5.1 for my testing.

I am facing an issue with retrieving a value from Map if a key is present

In my drl if i do this

$c : Client (language contains "Japanese" , lang : language ->
(language.get("Japanese").equals("Expert")))

it works ...but if i want to retrieve the value of the key i am not sure how to
go about it . I tried various approaches but none of them worked

i would like to do something like

$c : Client (language contains "Japanese", $langValue :
language.get("Japanese"))

Can some one please guide me how to go about it .

Regards,
Manav