[rules-users] Accumulate in Drools

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Aug 16 10:16:54 EDT 2010

     You can't use the cast and the method call in a regular constraint. You
can use it as part of an expression. So:

 $min_score : Number ()
   from accumulate (Client (productTypeExperience.keySet contains $name,
                     $score : productTypeExperience[$name],
                     min ( ((ExperienceLevel)$score).value() ) )

     We are working on the support of free form expressions on constraints
for Drools 6 (not sure we can make it for 5.2).

     Edson

2010/8/15 Manav <manav7574 at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
> I am trying my hand at the accumulate function in Drools 5.x but the drl
> fails
> to compile.
> Not sure what's wrong with it. Please help.
> This is the sample that i am working with
>
> rule "Test Accumulate Function"
> when
>  $p : ProductType ($name : name)
>  $min_score : Number ()
>    from accumulate (Client (productTypeExperience.keySet contains $name,
>                      $score :
> ((ExperienceLevel)productTypeExperience[$name]).value()),
>               min ($score))
> then
>  System.out.println ("$min_score" + $min_score);
> end
> Regards,
> Manav

  Edson Tirelli