[rules-users] Using variables in Temporal Operators

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Aug 16 10:21:14 EDT 2010

   Not at the moment. The reason is that with variables there, it is not
possible to have compile time lifecycle management optimizations and Drools
5 was designed to use them. For Drools 6, I have an open JIRA to add support
for that in case we find runtime optimizations equivalent to the compile
time ones.

    Edson

2010/8/16 Mike Love <mike.love at symbiotics.co.za>

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use variables in temporal operators?
>
> e.g. $eventA : EventA( this after[ 3m30s, 4m ] $eventB ) to be expressed
> as $eventA : EventA( this after[ $begin, $end ] $eventB )
>
> where $begin and $end are either local rule variables or global variables
>
> Regards

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com