[rules-users] Drools Flow - Replay

jawa agohar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:40:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am writing a drools flow application and I run into a problem. Here is the
scenario:

I have a drools flow which have multiple nodes to ask different questions to
customer And depending on the response of customer Flow decides which
question to ask customer. Customer can answer straight away or can take
hours to come back and answer. The flow is stored in db and it starts
wherever it left last time. Now the problem is if customer has replied some
questions and then he thinks that he selected a wrong answer to one of the
previous questions and wants to edit that. How can I move my flow back to
that question and start over from that question again? I can't have some
many transitions from each question because customer can go to any of the
previous question so it is not possible for have transitions in flow to go
to each previous question from each question. Is there anything in flow that
can have me start again from a specific node? e.g. If customer is question
No.32 and he wants to go back to Question No.2 or uses browsers back button
then how can we have flow to start again from Question No.2? Because the
whole tree the customer was gone through previously can change depending on
his response of Question No.2. Any idea? Let me know if I have not explained
my problem correctly.

Thanks