[rules-users] Rule template shortcut needed

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 07:31:27 EDT 2010

Hi there,

My question is related to the ability to remove criterion in a rule template
by a cunning commenting trick so that if the variable @{VAR} is blank, the
line will be blank.  Wolfgang wrote the code, I believe.

I've got a situation where I've got DB rows where i've got:
TYPE  |  CODE  |  TYPE2  |  CODE2_FROM  |  CODE2_TO

there are 17 types.  So it lets us have rules like
Type U code 123 cannot be charged with Type V codes 234 to 236.

I need the rules to compare the correct property, but I don't want to lose
the advantage of the RETE algorithm by using a getValue("type1") function.

I see one solution:
2.  Make a template with 17 + 17 + 17 = 51 columns, where each one uses the
// @{VAR} trick.

Is there a better way?  Or, should I just do getValue("type")?

Thanks
Daniel