[rules-users] Drools Flow - Replay

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 12:32:59 EDT 2010

As I see it, and how I might try to implement backing up:

In the regular flow, the user is entering answers which will propagate
the engine through the
defined flow. Now consider saving these anwers and adding a simple
mechanism that's
capable of inserting this data into an engine in "start state" where
nothing has been
entered yet. This would bring the engine into the same state, right?

So, to go back from step N to some step 1 <= x < N, simply use the
answers 1,...x-1 to
reach step x.

You would have to implement some logic to decide what to do with the
saved answers
x+1,...N-1. If they are still useable, use the same replay mechanism
to reach N again.

-W