[rules-users] Steps for uploading model jar and decision table in guvnor

Swapnil Sawant Swapnil.Sawant at lntinfotech.com
Sat Aug 21 07:45:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

PFA the model jar and decision table that I have created .

myTest.jar contains my model class 'AmountPojo' and currently I have written only one PF rule using this 'AmountPojo' class

I have done following things successfully on guvnor GUI :

        - uploading of model jar in a package(named Test)
        - uploading decision table xls in same package
        - 'save and validate configuration' and 'building package'after above steps
        - Creating test scenario for testing that my rule is working fine

Now, I wish to utilize this package in my application through changeset.xml. For this, I wrote something like :

      <change-set xmlns='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set'
                  xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
                   xs:schemaLocation='http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set drools-change-set-5.0.xsd' >
                      <add>
            <resource source='https://ofbiz.apache.org:8443/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/Test/LATEST.drl'  type='DRL' />
                      </add>
      </change-set>

Also, in my code I have created knowledge agent like dis :

            kagent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent( "MyRuleAgent" );
            String changesetUrl = "file:"+currentWorkingDirectory+"/framework/drools/config/changeset.xml";
            kagent.applyChangeSet( ResourceFactory.newUrlResource( changesetUrl ) );

Using this 'kagent' I have created knowledge base like dis :

            if(kbase==null){
                 kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();
            }

When kagent.applychaneset line executes, it throws following error :

            [Error: Failed to compile: 4 compilation error(s):
 - (1,9) unqualified type in strict mode for: amtEntity
 - (1,9) unqualified type in strict mode for: amtEntity
 - (1,15) unqualified type in strict mode for: basic
 - (1,40) unable to resolve method using strict-mode: java.lang.Object.setHra(java.lang.Object)]
[Near : {... Unknown ....}]
             ^
[Line: 1, Column: 0]
        at org.mvel2.compiler.ExpressionCompiler.compile(ExpressionCompiler.java:78)
        at org.drools.base.mvel.MVELCompilationUnit.compile(MVELCompilationUnit.java:365)
        at org.drools.base.mvel.MVELCompilationUnit.getCompiledExpression(MVELCompilationUnit.java:288)
        at org.drools.base.mvel.MVELConsequence.compile(MVELConsequence.java:49)
        at org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.mvel.MVELConsequenceBuilder.build(MVELConsequenceBuilder.java:107)
        at org.drools.rule.builder.RuleBuilder.build(RuleBuilder.java:86)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addRule(PackageBuilder.java:1168)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackage(PackageBuilder.java:654)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(PackageBuilder.java:291)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addKnowledgeResource(PackageBuilder.java:489)
        at org.drools.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.add(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:25)
        at org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.rebuildResources(KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:387)
        at org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:121)
        at org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:110)
        at org.ofbiz.drools.event.drool.RuleIntegrate.createKnowledgeBase(RuleIntegrate.java:46)
        at org.ofbiz.drools.event.drool.RuleIntegrate.createWorkingMemory(RuleIntegrate.java:29)
        at org.ofbiz.payroll.DroolsRule.callRuleJava(DroolsRule.java:42)
        at org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:100)
        at org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:57)
        at org.ofbiz.service.ModelServiceReader$GenericInvokerImpl.runSync(ModelServiceReader.java:761)
        at _$gen.file_58$.D_58$.Swapnil_95$Data.ofbiz_95$trunk_95$06_95$22.applications.payroll.servicedef.services_46$xml_3
        at org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:399)
        at org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
        at org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:165)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.event.ServiceEventHandler.invoke(ServiceEventHandler.java:336)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.runEvent(RequestHandler.java:633)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.doRequest(RequestHandler.java:379)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:224)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doPost(ControlServlet.java:87)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:271)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:555)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[2010:08:233 16:08:734:debug] KnowledgeAgent building resource=[UrlResource path='https://ofbiz.apache.org:8443/drools-guvno
[2010:08:233 16:08:359:debug] KnowledgeAgent has KnowledgeBuilder errors  object=Unable to resolve ObjectType 'AmountPojo' :
Unable to resolve ObjectType 'AmountPojo' : [Rule name='HRA rule']
Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to compile: 4 compilation error(s):
 - (1,9) unqualified type in strict mode for: amtEntity
 - (1,9) unqualified type in strict mode for: amtEntity
 - (1,15) unqualified type in strict mode for: basic
 - (1,40) unable to resolve method using strict-mode: java.lang.Object.setHra(java.lang.Object) '       amtEntity.setHra( am
' : [Rule name='HRA rule']
Error importing : 'com.sample.AmountPojo'Error importing : 'com.sample.PFRules'Error importing : 'com.sample.SpreadsheetComp
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (2:22) : Only a type can be imported. com.sample.SpreadsheetCompiler resolves to a pack
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (2:60) : Only a type can be imported. com.sample.AmountPojo resolves to a package
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (2:89) : Only a type can be imported. com.sample.PFRules resolves to a package
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (7:371) : a cannot be resolved
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (7:379) : a cannot be resolved
        Test/Rule_PF_Rules_11_0.java (8:460) : a cannot be resolved

It seems that it is not  able to recognize 'AmountPojo' class.thereby considering it as 'Object' type and applying setHra() on it.

Any idea why this is occuring ? How to communicate about 'AmountPojo' Type in code ?

Also,

After this, I wanted to know the steps for 'inserting fact type object for AmountPojo' in the session created.

For this I read in docs  that use following lines of code :

                        // Retrieve the generated fact type
                               FactType cheeseFact = ruleBase.getFactType( "org.drools.generatedbeans.Cheese" );

                       // Create a new Fact instance
                               Object cheese = cheeseFact.newInstance();

                               cheeseFact.set( cheese,
                                "type",
                          "stilton" );

But, I didnt find any method like KnowledgeBase.getFactType(String fullyQualifiedfactTypePath) . There is only one KnowledgeBase.getFactType(String pckname,String factTypeName) method in it

Please let me the know the right way of achieving this .

Thanks,

Swapnil Sawant

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.