[rules-users] Drools Guvnor: DSL with multiple fact fields conditions using "-" and eval

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 00:53:02 EDT 2010

Thx for your answer.

I tried again the rule, removing the extra space after hyphen from DSL expresion. No luck. So, I tried a few more cases, and the only one that worked correctly was #3.
It seems to me that is somehow related to the parenthesis, although it might be something else. Hope this info helps.

1) only eval:
DSL:
[when] There is an Asset=asset:Asset()
[when]-name is empty=eval(name=="''")
[when]-tag is empty=eval(tag=="''")

Rule source:
    rule "test_rule"
    dialect "mvel"
        when
            asset:Asset( eval(name=="''", eval(tag=="''") ) )

2) no eval, but with the parenthesis:
DSL:
[when] There is an Asset=asset:Asset()
[when]-name is empty=(name=="''")
[when]-tag is empty=(tag=="''")

Rule source
    rule "test_rule"
    dialect "mvel"
        when
            asset:Asset( (name=="''", (tag=="''") ) )

3) simple case
DSL
[when] There is an Asset=asset:Asset()
[when]-name empty=name=="''"