[rules-users] Understanding indexing

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Dec 9 09:42:47 EST 2010

On 09/12/2010 14:15, Chris Selwyn wrote:
> I would like to understand more about how my rules are being executed.
>
> Is there a way that I can find out what indexes are being are being created.
> I can see the drools.indexLeftBetaMemory (and friends) properties but I
> would like to be able to observe the effects that they are having.
There is no "observation" tooling, other than you putting a break point
in and looking at the code variables.

Have a read on the many alpha and beta memory indexing/hashing that are
around. One particularly good paper is:
Production Matching for Large Learning Systems (Rete/UL)
by Robert B. Doorenbos
PhD thesis, Carnegie Mellon University, January 31, 1995

Mark