[rules-users] Open Source Healthcare Event (last week of March)

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Feb 1 17:09:59 EST 2010

http://blog.athico.com/2010/02/open-source-healthcare-event-last-week.html

Last November I bloggged about the great news for collaboration on
Drools between the US Navy and OSDE (Argentinian health care). This is
with a focus of potentially enabling Drools as an important component
for the Open Source Healthcare Connect
<http://www.connectopensource.org/display/Gateway/CONNECT+Community+Portal>project,
which provides a gateway into NHIN.
<http://healthit.hhs.gov/portal/server.pt?open=512&mode=2&cached=true&objID=1142>

Since then we've had other heath care organisations show an interest in
getting involved at some level. So it made sense that we should
potentially organise another event, similar to last years boot camp, but
specifically for the healthcare community.

The event will cover the usual intro into Drools, along with additional
talks on the recent developments of Drools; such as our
simulation/testing frameworks and service frameworks. We would ideally
like to keep this industry and academic research focused. That means we
will need as many third party industry and academic research talks as
possible and break out sessions to discuss requirements and potential
collaborations.

So whether you want to come along and tell the world about your research
projects, requirements and ideas or just see what others are up to, or
just find out what Drools is about, this should be a useful event for
anyone in the healthcare industry.

If this interests you, either as an attendee or a presenter, then please
let me know. The date is quite soon, tentatively last week of March and
at the Duke University in North Carolina for 3 days.

Mark