[rules-users] Strange rule compilation issue.

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:04:14 EST 2010

   Ok, this one was hidden for a long time. Interesting no one stumbled on
it before you.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2424

   The problem is triggered in case your fact class/interface has a method
that matches the following 3 conditions:

* it is public
* its name starts with "set"
* it has no parameters

    Your fact interface had a method:

public XXX setup();

    That would make the ClassFieldInspector class to raise an exception,
making it impossible to create any field accessors for it.

    Anyway, it is fixed now on trunk (to be released in M2) and branch
5.0.x. Meanwhile, the possible workaround is to break one of the three
conditions above: either make the method non-public, or rename it to not
start with "set" or add at least one (dummy) parameter to it.

    Thanks for reporting.

     Edson

2010/2/4 Brice Figureau
<brice+drools at daysofwonder.com<brice%2Bdrools at daysofwonder.com>

> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 09:25 +0100, Brice Figureau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 14:03 -0500, Edson Tirelli wrote:
> > >
> > >      Hi Brice,
> > >
> > >      You are doing it right:
> > >
> > > Scenario( id == 6147 )
> > >
> > >      We've been through quite some changes in trunk, and because of
> > > that there were some regressions that are being fixed as we speak. I
> > > suggest that you either use the stable 5.0.1 for now or if you can
> > > wait till M2, it should fix this kind of issue.
> >
> > I will use the stable version for the moment and will upgrade when M2 is
> > available. I'll try to produce a test case for this problem if that can
> > be of any help.
>
> It looks like the problem also happens with the 5.0.1 version :-(
> --
> Brice Figureau
> My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/

 Edson Tirelli