[rules-users] Stumped by error in rule

Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com
Tue Feb 9 06:43:30 EST 2010

After all this time working with Drools 5.0.1, I thought I'd figured out all the ways my syntax could fail, but this one has me stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the following rule:

rule "RS6051.1.2_"
        dialect "mvel"
        when

                Applicant ( $ApplicantNumber : ApplicantNumber )
                not ( ScoreCard (name == "Context test", contextId == $ApplicantNumber) )
        then
                ScoreCard scoreCard = functions.getScoreCardManager().newScoreCard();
scoreCard.setName("Context test");
scoreCard.setContextId($ApplicantNumber);
                insert(scoreCard);
end

I'm getting the following error on this rule during compilation:

Unable to create Field Extractor for 'ApplicantNumber' : [Rule name='RS6051.1.2_']
org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Field/method 'ApplicantNumber' not found for class 'com.wellsfargo.service.provider.sse.decisioning.x2009.Applicant'Unable to build expression for 'consequence': null '

And here is (part of) the Applicant class in question:

package com.wellsfargo.service.provider.sse.decisioning.x2009;
public class Applicant
{
        public  Short getApplicantNumber()
        {
                return applicantNumber ;
        }

        public void setApplicantNumber(Short applicantNumber)
        {
this.applicantNumber = applicantNumber;
        }
Short applicantNumber;
}

And This is (part of) the ScoreCard class:

public class ScoreCard
{
        public void setName(String name) { this.name = name; }
        public String getName() { return name; }

        public int getContextId(){return contextId;}
        public void setContextId(int id){contextId = id;}
        private String name;
        private int contextId;
}

Why am I getting this error?