[rules-users] Rules writing best practice?

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 14:11:26 EST 2010

Anything gathered using the "from" keyword will not use the rete algorithm to determine whether refetching is appropriate or not. (i.e. no awareness of whether the fetched data is constant for a given fact.)  Whenever a "from" condition is encountered the fetch is performed, so use it with care if efficiency is a concern.