[rules-users] CEP Question

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:07:41 EST 2010

   Hi Glen,

   The averages are indeed recalculated on event expiration. Example:

You have values for the following events:

e1: 20
e2: 30
e3: 40

    So the average is 30. Whenever e1 is expired in your window, the average
is recalculated to 35 (assuming no new event arrived).

    What are you seeing there?

    Edson

2010/2/15 Glenn Macgregor <gmacgregor at pocketkings.ie>

>  Hi All,
>

> I am still working through a CEP use case which is going fairly well. I
> have a few rules and it seems they are working as I expect. Is there a way
> to get called back when events go out of a time window? My current use case
> is alerting, I have a stream of events (param updates) coming in and I
> create a ParamUpdateEvent for each. I have a rule which averages the values
> in the ParamUpdateEvent and tests against a threshold, that is working fine.
> The problem is when I don’t receive any events for a period of time over the
> window size I really want to the rule which calculates the average to fire
> when anything is moved out of the window as well as when an update arrives,
> is this possible?
>

> Thanks
>

>  Glenn

 Edson Tirelli