[rules-users] Question on use of Timer node in rule flow

Alan.Gairey at tessella.com Alan.Gairey at tessella.com
Thu Feb 18 09:47:53 EST 2010

I'm currently experimenting with including a Timer node within a rule
flow.

My question is: what (if any) runtime state information is persisted by
Drools Flow for a Timer node? I can recreate a session via a call to
JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession, but if a process
instance was previously on a Timer node, will it start from where it left
off, or will the Timer delay start from the beginning again? For example,
if I have a Timer node with a delay of 7 days, but the application is
stopped / crashes after 6 days, then when I recreate my session, will the
Timer node just wait 1 more day, or will the delay of 7 days start from
scratch?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Alan