[rules-users] Disable rules at runtime to make sure they get executed only once

Malinda Kaushalye kaushalye at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 08:01:15 EST 2010

Hi All,
I need to write a set of rules that each get executed only ONCE. However, the conditions are met at different stage of execution as events are coming thru a stream. Therefore I need to disable each rule at different stages.
I was looking for some mechanism to disable a rule after it gets executed. Something like this.

rule "myExecuteOnlyOnceRule"
 when
   //some condition tat evaluate events
  then
    this.rule.disable() / disable(drools.getRule())
end

Let me know if you know such a function or a workaround for this issue.
Cheers,
Malinda