[rules-users] Disable rules at runtime to make sure they get executed only once

Malinda Kaushalye kaushalye at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 01:58:48 EST 2010

Many thank Pavel.
But I dont think I followed RuleXor in your reply. But I tried to insert an event with a key value in the RHS.
The same value I used in LHS with other business logic to avoid repeated execution.
e.g.
when
not EventR(Id="KEY")
//Other logic
then
      //Other executions
      insert(new EventR("KEY");

If I get your answer correct, this is similar to what you suggest.
However, that solution seems bit ugly. It makes the other business logic very difficult to read. That's why I wanted to find a proper way to do that, uding drools API.
Cheers,
Malinda