[rules-users] Eclipse Bug?

malkhafaji moe.alkhafaji at medcpu.com
Tue Jan 5 09:34:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I just want to report something that I have seen, and I am not sure whether
others see the same thing or not. I am using the latest binaries from TRUNK
as well as drools library for Eclipse. I found out that if you comment a
bunch of rules using /* through the end of the rules file (drl) but forgot
to add a matching */ the rule does not complain on Eclipse no matter how
many times I refresh, clean the project or restart eclipse. However, it
correctly complains when I compile the run via the API that there is a
"mismatch ''" and it points me to the last line of the file where the
matching */ should have been. It does not give you an informative message,
that is why I was puzzled for a while why it was pointing me to an empty
line at the end of the drl file although Eclipse did not show any errors in
the rules file. But then I noticed the color difference of how the rules are
displayed and I knew that there was a beginning comment symbol somewhere.

I just wanted to report this if people are having the same issue.