[rules-users] Exception handling policy

Gerret Hansper gerret.public at gmx.de
Fri Jan 8 03:06:40 EST 2010

Hello,
I have got a question about Exception handling policy in Drools 5.0.

My issue is a case where a client application triggered rule execution on the
server, which was throwing a ConsequenceException.
The client, not having drools libs in its classpath, then had a
ClassNotFoundException.
I would therefore want to catch the ConsequenceException on the server and throw
an Exception with its cause.
I am not sure however if ConsequenceException.getCause() would always yield a
non-drools Exception or if that might be another drools type.
Also, is it always a ConsequenceException that gets thrown from a session or can
there be other Exception types?

Thanks,
	Gerret