[rules-users] Is this possible in Guvnor?

David Sinclair dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com
Fri Jan 15 12:09:45 EST 2010

Why are you constructing multiple KBs and sessions? I mean those decision
tables can be written in a way where you would only need a single KB and
session if a4 and a5 in your examples can be set to some "starting" known
state.

If a4 and a5 where initially set to null, or false, or -1 or NOT_SET you
could rewrite the tables as follows

Decision Table 2

------------------------------

> condition | condition | condition |     Action    |
>    a1      |    a2       |      a4 != NOT_SET    |   a5 =  a4    |

Decision Table 3

> condition | condition | condition |   condition | condition |    Action

>    a1      |    a2       |      a3    |      a4       |     a5 != NOT_SET
> computeValue() |

Or use rule flow/agenda groups.

dave