[rules-users] Problems with GWT WebProject and Drools5.0!

ben780 ben.craig2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:58:10 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem.  The
KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder() method is trying to access the
drools.packagebuilder.conf in your C:\Documents and Settings\vamshidharc.
The problem is that even though the method does not require the conf file it
still wants to check and see if one is there and if one is there it will use
it.  The google app server does not allow access to your c:\documents and
settings but it will allow access to your appName\war\WEB-INF\.

When you run drools locally the
KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder() will scan your documents and
folder setting but nothing will be found and will continue normally;
however, when you try to do it from the google app server you will get the
java.io.filepermission error.

I've been trying to figure out a way how to fix this problem but I havn't
figured anything out yet.  I was hoping there is a way to modify the default
location for the drools.packagebuilder.conf file, ether through java code
(perhaps using the KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration -- even though I checked
this throughly and couldn't figure out a way) or through a drool's
configuration file.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben