[rules-users] Understanding agenda-group (doesn't work as documented in book or docs)

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:28:28 EST 2010

   In the consequence of rule 1 you could write:

drools.setFocus( "group 2" );

   That will immediately place the group 2 on top of the stack and, since
the rule 2 will be active, it will fire rule 2 in the sequence.

   Another way is, in rule 2, add the attribute: auto-focus. Whenever that
rule is activated, the engine places it's group (in your example, group 2)
on top of the stack, also allowing the rule to fire.

   Please note that for the simple example being discussed, all 3 approaches
have the same effect, but for real life examples with hundreds or thousands
of rules, sometimes it will be easier to use auto-focus, some times it will
be easier to use drools.setFocus().

   []s
   Edson

2010/1/22 Pritham <infinity2heaven at gmail.com>

> I think I understood that part. My question was regarding a "rule
> consequence" -- as you mentioned -- potentially making another agenda-group
> "eligible" or even better, a rule consequence setting the focus of another
> agenda-group from within one.

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development
 JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com