[rules-users] [planner] Questions about employee shift rostering example

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 04:41:31 EST 2010

How can it need 2Gb of memory?

Drools Planner has 2 solution instances: the bestSolution and the
workingSolution.

If you use solutionTabu of for example a 1000, it has a 1000 solution
tabu's too. Your options:
1) Better cloning. See Examination: only the examlist is deep cloned,
the periodlist, roomlist etc aren't even cloned.
2) Less solutionTabu, use the benchmarker. You're probably better off
with a solutionTabu of for example 500 and moveTabu of 7.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet