[rules-users] infinite loop in decision table

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:06:57 EST 2010

Hi Thomas,

I implemented the latch system as you suggested, but came to a problem when
running batches of data.

Since the latch is set when the rule fires, you can't have that rule fire
for more than one piece of data.

So, with this method, for batch processing, you need to include a UUID into
each latch.

Are there any other patterns?  All this UUID and Latch/Flag functionality
seems really a lot more complicated than it should be.

I suppose I can write it to only process one piece of data at a time, but
that might end up slower.

Regards,
Daniel