[rules-users] Does rule execution block when the Knowlege Agent is rebuild KnowlegeBase???

Wing wing.tang at amdocs.com
Tue Jan 26 19:09:31 EST 2010

Hello Drools User,

I am using Knowlege Agent to monitor changes in the repository.  I have
started the following services:

ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeNotifierService().start();
ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().start();

I was able to change the rules in the repository and the changes did get
pick up in my application and everything is working fine as expected.

However, I have a question regarding rule execution when the Knowlege Base
is in the middle of being build by the Knowlege Agent.   What happen when I
execute the rules using:

ksessionStateless = knowledgeAgent.newStatelessKnowledgeSession();
ksessionStateless.execute(ObjList);

Will the method ksessionStateless.execute(ObjList) block and wait until the
Knowlege Base is finish being build by the knowledge agent or the method
won't block and just pick up the old Knowlege Base and then switch to the
new knowlege base when the knowlege agent is finish building it?  Will the
method ksessionStateless.execute(ObjList) block or not block?

thanks very much in advace for any help on this!

Wing Tang