[rules-users] Unqualified type in strict mode error & java.io.InvalidCastException: org.drools.rule.DialectRuntimeRegistry error

Ike Okafo iokafo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:10:02 EDT 2010

Hi

I got a great answer to my last post and will like to say thank you to
Jeffrey Schneller. I hope to contribute to the
community once my drools knowledge base grows

I have two quick follow up questions to my last post

(1) I imported some rules validate which succesfully within guvnor but I
have a couple of  other rules that use maps on which I am getting errors.
The map contains objects of a certain type Class1 and the map key is a Long
(e.g 1L, 2L). The statement causing the error is of the format
eval(Map[1L].getDirection== Map[2L].getDirection). The error I get is
"unqualified type in strict mode for getDirection". I scoured the forums for
a solution and learnt that I need to cast the object from the map to its
specific type before calling any method of the class and so I changed it to
 eval(((Class1)Map[2L]).getDirection == ((Class1)Map[3L]).getDirection) but
the errors only got worse.
Is there a resolution for this "unqualified type in strict mode" error?
I should also mention that I get no such error when working with the .DRL
file in my java code outside guvnor.

(2) The second issue I am dealing with involves those rules that validated
in guvnor (I am running guvnor under JBOSS 4.2.3). I validated and built the
package successfully (I did not create a snapshot for deployment). I then
tried to reference the guvnor package to build the rulebase using the
following java code
RuleAgent agent = RuleAgent.newRuleAgent("guvnor.properties");
RuleBase masterRuleBase = agent.getRuleBase();

guvnor.properties contains only one entry url =
http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/SomePackage.drools/LATEST
I got this url from the guvnor deployment page
The error I got when I ran this was "java.io.InvalidCastException:
org.drools.rule.DialectRuntimeRegistry; local class incompatible: stream
classdesc serailVersionUID= 5308493362083281112, local class serialVersionID
= 510
Is there a compatibility issue between Guvnor and JBOSS 4.2.3
Thanks