[rules-users] Arden Syntax support in Drools / Guvnor?

HarrySimons simonsharry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 00:11:21 EDT 2010

Mark Proctor wrote:

>   On 02/07/2010 07:37, HarrySimons wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wanted to know whether or not the Drools/Guvnor combo supports the Arden
>> Syntax for knowledge coding... used in Medical Logic Modules (or, MLMs)
>> and
>> clinical decision support systems such as EGADSS.
>>
>> If no, then are there any external tools / utilities that would allow
>> importing of Arden Syntax into Drools / Guvnor?
> There is nothing for this at the moment, sounds like a good sub project
> if you have time? :)
>
> Mark

Hey Mark -
First off, appreciate your prompt response.
Wish I had the time and, more importantly, the brains to do it! :-(
I guess, I'll have to wait then.. but hopefully not forever... for a more
qualified and braver comrade in our community... to take this project up.

I do think that such a tool, if one were to exist, would greatly popularize
Drools in the clinical decision support systems community... as the tons and
tons of legacy MLMs (Medical Logic Modules) coded in the past two decades
for use in CDSSs would instantly become available for use in the JBoss
world!

Many thanks, once again...