[rules-users] WorkItemNodeInstance and the on exit action

Fri Jul 9 10:22:57 EDT 2010

Hi Kris,
we experienced some troubles with our drools flow integration today
(we upgraded to the lastest snapshot) and I found out that is has to
do with a fix (see [1]) you commited some time ago.

Our problem is, that we access the data submitted by the user to
finish a human task in the on exit action of the human task node
like this:

WorkItemNodeInstance wini = (WorkItemNodeInstance)context.getNodeInstance();
Map<String, Object> result = (Map<String, Object>)wini.getWorkItem().getResult("Result");

This results in a NPE because the workItemId is set to -1 in the WorkItemNodeInstance
before getWorkItem() is called. So getWorkItem() returns null.

Is there a better (recommended) way to work with human task data? Maybe using an
out-mapping?

Thanks,
chris

[1] http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBossRules/trunk/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/workflow/instance/node/WorkItemNodeInstance.java?r1=32801&r2=