[rules-users] Issue when invoking rules present in Guvnor using AXIS webservice

bbarani bbarani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:20:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

We are trying to create a drools Web service (using AXIS) and make it
interact with the rules present in Guvnor.

We tried implementing the logic to invoke the rule within the Skeleton and
tried invoking the same from a test client by passing the request
parameters, we are getting org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/drools/WorkingMemory in the line of code
where the Guvnor working memory is being initiated in the skeleton, but we
have all the necessary libraries corresponding to drools/Guvnor present in
the class path.

So we tried another approach by importing the supporting classes as a one
Jar file into Guvnor and accessed the classes with in the jar and came up
with rules, while validating the rules we are getting binding error with the
classes added.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks,
Barani